Monday, November 5, 2012

My Dream For Tomorrow

I am doing perhaps my highest, most important dream tomorrow.  I am voting for the President of the United States.  I am excited but sad.  I feel both choices are not what I want them to be.  I wanted to believe in who I am voting for, not wishing for the best.  I am a girl who is lucky to have the communication skills that allow me this right even when my parents care for the other needs I have.  I dream of being a taxpayer contributing my share to this country that I love and that my most wonderful cousin died for in Iraq.  I hope to get a diploma and be the person he would be proud of and my big brother and other cousins who are members of the military services also would be proud.
But I am disappointed in my choices and feel betrayed by all the lies and the money spent.  Both candidates did this.  I will vote tomorrow and be proud of me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emma, I am so very proud of you. You are doing so much. You are giving hope to so many. You give hope to ME! And tomorrow... tomorrow you will vote! I am so happy, whenever I read your posts. Always. Go cast your vote, pull that lever and know that even though you may not feel good about the choices available, at least we have choices, when so many others have none. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete